1. Start walk on Glossop road, approximately 400yds after Peruga restaurant (postcode SK6 5RX) there is a large lay-by on the left of the road suitable for parking. Entrance into Etherow Country Park is opposite. Follow the path down through the woods.
2. After about 1/2 mile there is a junction in the path. Turn right and follow main path to the bottom of the hill where you will see the waterfall.
3. Cross the green bridge over the river and immediately turn left. Signposted ‘Compstall carpark’. Continue along this path until you reach the carpark.
4. At the carpark turn right and continue along the waters edge. You will see ‘Etherow Country Park Cafe’ a nice dog friendly cafe serving good coffee and cakes. Hot lunches also available..
5. Continue along the path by the cafe, pass the small garden centre (also dog friendly) and follow the path back to the waterfall. Here retrace steps back up to Glossop road.